The version of the award she was nominated for is a bit different from the one I encountered earlier. Here are the rules:
11 random facts about me:
- I work part time as a new media specialist (social media, internet marketing, traditional marketing, PR) for a tourism office.
- I used to be a backpack journalist.
- My favorite animal is a coyote.
- I’m addicted to diet soda.
- I’m 5-feet tall.
- I’m obsessed with Japanese toys called “squishies,” which are like cute stress balls, but way softer and more fun to play with. See what I mean, here.
- I’d love to live in the mountains away from people, and only venture into town when I really needed to.
- I like metal music, as well as classic rock, and jam bands.
- My favorite food is gnocchi, closely followed by lo mein.
- I love, love, LOVE horror movies, TV shows, and novels.
- I wish dragons still existed. They totally did once, you know.
My answers to Penny’s 11 questions:
- Got any hobbies? What do you do when you have a day to play around? I used to sew and make jewelry a lot, but now I mainly read and write in my free time. I also like taking photos.
- How about pets? Anything more exotic than dogs or cats? I have a guinea pig named Alexander Pygmalion Amadeus Horowitz. My family also has an indoor cat named Callie and a feral cat who adopted us named Runt.
- Sports: Watch or participate? Or neither? Pretty much neither, but I’ve been known to enjoy watching hockey.
- Original Star Wars (Episodes 4-6) or new Star Wars (Episodes 1-3)? Umm… please. Original Star Wars.
- What part of the world would you most like to visit? All of it. But Italy, Scotland, and New Zealand are at the top of the list.
- Do you think there is life in other parts of the universe? I don’t see why not.
- What’s your favorite season? Autumn. It’s not too hot and not too cold. Plus, I was born in Autumn.
- If you had the chance, would you go back to school to study something new? What? I think I’d either focus more on public relations and marketing, or go for museum studies.
- What’s the strangest thing you have sitting out in your dining room? Some of my cat’s toy mice are pretty strange…
- What’s your favorite type of music? Whoops! I answered this above–metal, classic rock, jam bands. I also dig some bluegrass.
- If you could go back in time, when and where would you visit? The Renaissance in England.
The 11 questions for my nominees:
- What is your favorite book?
- If you had to pick another name besides the one you have now, what name would you pick?
- What fictional character (book, TV show, movie, pay) do you most identify with?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- What were you like as a child?
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s at the top of your bucket list?
- Who has influenced you the most in your life?
- What was your first job?
- If you could be any mythical creature, which would you be?
- The Beatles or The Stones?
Time for nominations! These folks are part of a writers group I’m in and have been a huge inspiration.
And since this award involves questions, those I nominated last time are more than welcome to join in on this one!
I hope you check them all out! Thanks for all the fun, Penny!